Welcome to the Wandering Camera linky party. When I started this project in January of 2016, I had no idea where this photographic journey would take me. I became more aware of my surroundings, and I found unexpected possibilities. My wonderful friends inspired me to make new things which became the subject of my photography many a time.
I apologise for being late with the post this month. I found myself seeking comfort in December and I let that urge continue a little longer. I spent a lot of time at the dining table working on scores of things while watching the rain outside. Comfort food, films, video games and other activities played a big part in our daily lives. The December photos are definitely reflective of that.
1. Unfinished Dala Horses waiting to be painted Falun Red
2. Beautiful shades of yellow and green from moss and lichen
3. A Lego photographer
4. Found a Haiku on the trail
5. Painted leaf in my sketchbook
6. My one and only finished crochet project
7. I always love spotting Earth’s shadow in the eastern sky at sunset
8. We have a lot of fun playing Lego board games
9. A bit scuffed up, but sings beautifully
10. A myriad leaves turning into fireflies
11. Fruit wines. They could also double as potion bottles
12. A few of the travelled places
13. Painted Wayside Beacon for Twitter Art Exhibit, a charity art exhibition / sale
14. Gnarled bark
16. Knitted mitts
17. Recipe book scribbles (The Half Blood Prince has nothing on me!)
18. Yellow always brightens up the day for me
19. Black oaks and pink skies
20. Third time’s the charm, I finally finished the first sleeve without having to frog again
21. Winter Solstice
22. Pretty rain clouds
24. Shuttle Tydirium – A Lego finish
25. Getting ready to paint
26. Baked cinnamon rolls in the wee hours of the night
27. Last light of the day on a skeletal tree
28. Strumming again
29. Creating warmth
30. Taking chances
31. Finding magic
That wraps up my Wandering Camera project. It has been wonderful sharing this project with you. I can’t thank you enough for joining me, sharing your photos, and boosting my confidence by leaving such lovely comments. I want to do a little giveaway to celebrate.
My dear friend Dixie from Arranged Words is a fabulous painter. If you don’t know her already, please pay her a visit. She has very generously offered a painting of your choice from her shop.
I have grown very fond of my fingerless mitts. They keep my hands warm while my fingers stay free to work the camera. So I made a pair for the giveaway (The box is not included). They are of medium/large size.
Just leave a comment. I will announce two winners, one for each prize, on the 19th of January.
Now it’s your turn to share your photo posts. I always look forward to seeing them.
Badge to share on your post and website
You can add any number of links to your posts from the previous month. The posts should have photos in them, with a story or anecdote. Your project photos (quilting, sewing, painting, knitting, etc.) are most welcome. You can also write a new post to link up. Please do not link up posts that are older than the previous month, they will be removed.
Please make sure to include the badge or a text link back to this site on each post that you link up. You can also add the badge to your blog. I am happy either way as long as you link back :-)
Spread a little encouragement amongst each other.
Wandering Camera is a monthly event that will run on the first Thursday of every month. If you follow me via email, bloglovin or facebook, you will get a reminder.
I am also linking up on Life Thru The Lens, Through My Lens, Our World Tuesday, Wednesday Around The World, Photo Friday, and Friday Photo Journal along with with other linky parties on my Events And Links page.
Leave a comment